How can having a real estate investment strategy work for you?
Choosing the right real estate investment strategy is vital. I am sure we have all been in a situation where we want to do something but because there are so many options available it becomes somewhat overwhelming to choose? This is not a problem to have if you are in a fancy restaurant but, when it comes to choosing an investment product, it can get frustrating!
Here are a few things you will have to think about when preparing to invest in the real estate market. There is no one size fits all so, It is important that you end up with a property that pairs up with your own individual investment style & needs.
To set the right investment strategy you must know yourself
- Identify why you are investing in real estate.
- Do you need a steady cash flow income?
- Are you a capital gain investor?
- Maybe you just need to purchase a family or holiday home?
Whatever the reason is, it needs to be identified before you start looking.
- Create a list of your needs, wants and must-haves.
- Think about the future and list all possible future goals and possibilities for your investment property.
- List all the possible payment options and tools that are available to you and assess their advantages and disadvantages. These are factors such as one-off cash payments, vendor payment plans, bank loans and LOC (Line of Credit) loans.
- By understanding all the payment options, you can make your purchasing strategy you. Simply ask us how.
By considering these elements you will be on your way to finding the real estate investment that ticks all the right boxes and paves the way for your future success.
Now that you have assessed your own needs & style it’s time to assess the product.
Your location needs to pair with your real estate investment strategy
At the point of planning your investment strategy, let’s consider the location. The location can directly impact your real estate investment strategy and its success. Search for a region or neighbourhood that has the best potential for high-end developments in the future. It helps to be more intrigued by what’s going on in the next 10 years as opposed to the previous 10.
Search for areas that are set for growth due to their redevelopment potential… Consider areas with upcoming government planned projects such as planned transport routes, airports, freeways, shopping centres.
For more information please visit our real estate investment page